Cuti Cuti Langkawi Sdn Bhd ('CCL', 'we', 'us', 'our') are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data privacy and complying with data protection principles and provisions under applicable laws.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us while using CCL Platform and information about how you use CCL Platform including when you open your user account ('User Account'), visit CCL Platform or make reservations for any intended Services or using the Services. Providing your Personal Information to CCL is always on a voluntary basis. However, we might not be able to provide you with certain services if you choose not to give us your Personal Information. For example, we cannot open your user account or make reservations for you if we do not collect your name and contact details.
- Opening Your User Account
When you open with us a User Account or amend any information of your User Account, we may collect your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, username, password and telephone number.
- Visit CCL Platform, Making Reservations for the Services or Using the Services:
- When you visit CCL Platform (even you have not registered an User Account or logged in), make reservations for any intended Services or use the Services, we may collect and process certain information (which may contain your Personal Information or may contain non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Information) including but not limited to those set out below: Copies of correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between you and us, and between you and the Operators;
- Details of your usage of CCL Platform (including traffic data, location data and length of user sessions);
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by CCL relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by CCL;
- Information automatically collected and stored in our server or the server of our third party services provider by using or accessing to CCL Platform (including the log-in name and password for your User Account, your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser information, device information (including unique device identifier), pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited).
Storage of Information
When it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information.
We will endeavor to anonymize or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. CCL does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking that the Personal Information you provide to us will be secure at all times, and to the extent CCL has fulfilled its obligations under no circumstances shall CCL be responsible for any losses, damages, costs and expenses which you may suffer or incur arising from unauthorized access to or use of your Personal Information.
All payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using online encryption technology. You are responsible for keeping your chosen password confidential and not to share your password with any third party.
Usage of Information
We process the Personal Information collected in as far as necessary for performance of the contract with and providing services to you. Besides, we process the other Personal Information collected on the basis of our legitimate interests, which are the further improvement of the services and for direct marketing purposes.
For example, CCL will use Personal Information and other data collected through CCL Platform or when making purchases for the Services to create your User Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve CCL Platform and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. This includes using your Personal Information or such other data to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and to provide you with timely notice of new Services and special offers.
From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Information to contact you for feedback on your use of CCL Platform, to assist us in improving CCL Platform, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive notices of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
Disclosure of Information
We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Information and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- If you are a visitor, to the relevant Operator in connection with a Services which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for.
- If you are an Operator, to any visitor in connection with the Services you are offering.
- To our third party service providers (including Google Analytics), which we engage amongst others for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- If and to the extent required by any applicable law, order of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- Within the CCL group of companies. In case of a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, your Personal Information may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or its authorized third party for carrying on our business.
- To our advisors, agencies or other parties concerned in order to protect the rights and property of CCL.
- In any other case, to any third parties with your prior written consent (and in which case we will make it possible for you to withdraw your consent as easily as it was to provide consent).
We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with relevant third parties, including our advertisers. Such information does not contain any Personal Information and will not identify you personally. However, in some occasions, these third parties may possess information about you or obtain your information from other sources. When they combine such information with our aggregate information, they may be able to identify you personally.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside of your home country, for the abovementioned purposes. If such transfer takes place to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection, CCL will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Please contact us via the contact details mentioned below if you have a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
- When handling any of these requests described above, we have the right to check the identity of the requester to ensure that he/she is the person entitled to make the request.
What are cookies?
Cookies are widely used in the Internet. They are small text files stored in your browser that contain basic information about your internet use, such as login details and your previous browsing records.
A cookie can be classified in terms of its (i) duration and (ii) the party who places it:
(i) Session cookies and Persistent cookies
The duration of cookies depends on whether they are session or persistent cookies.
Session cookies expire once the browsing session ends.
Persistent cookies are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period of time. When you visit a website, your browser will retrieve these cookies so that the website will recognize your device and personalize your site experience according to your previous browsing records.
(ii) First-party cookies and Third-party cookies
To learn more about cookies, please go to www.aboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
- These are cookies that our website cannot operate without. They include, for e.g., cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart and pay for travel products.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for e.g., your choice of language, region and currency).
- Analytics cookies: These allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and to see how they move around it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for e.g., by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the internal links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the travel products we display to you more relevant to your interests.
- Advertising cookies: These allow us to personalise the adverts that we show you and that you see across the internet.
We use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer and are activated the next time you visit our website.