Ferry Ticket Terms & Condition
- For Kuala Kedah & Kuala Perlis Route
Conditions of the Carriage
Issued July 2013
- As used in this conditions of carriage "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check or in the case of an electronic ticket, this itinerary / receipt / electronic coupon / boarding document, issued by or on behalf of Carrier of which these conditions and notice from part,: "Carriage" is equivalent to "transportation". "carrier" means all sea vessels that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such sea carriage.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the provisions of The Merchant Shipping Ordinance, 1952 and the Orders made thereunder (any revisions thereto) and to the General Conditions of Carriage, Regulations, Timetables and Notice which are made part hereof and may be inspected at office of carrier on demand.
- Carrier's name and address of carrier's owner/operator are as printed on the face of the ticket.
- A Company issuing a ticket on behalf of Carrier does not so only as its Agent and shall not be liable for injury (fatal or non-fatal of passenger or any loss or damaged of passenger's personal effects and baggage. Howsoever caused at ferry terminal or on any carrier or arising out of the journey to which this carriage is related or for any delay, cancellation or rescheduling of the departure or arrival of any carrier.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply top and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose vessel is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered by the bearer of the baggage check.
- The fare for carriage is subject to change prior commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse transportation if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Schedule and the time shown in time tables or otherwise are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or vessels and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making corrections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required documents and arrive at terminal by time fixed by carrier or, if no time fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to ant person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law or carrier's tariffs, rules or regulations.
- For safety reasons smoking is prohibited and articles such as those listed below shall not be carried in the passenger's baggage without consent of appropriate Authority and prior arrangement with Carrier.
- Briefcases and attached materials (such as acids, alkalis, and wet cells batteries); Etiologic agents (bacteria, virus, etc ); Firearms, explosive, munitions, fireworks, and flares; Flammable liquids and solids (such as lighters or heating fuels, matches and articles which are easily ignited); Oxidizing materials (such as bleaching powder and peroxides, Poisons (such as cyanide, arsenic and weed killers)'; Radioactive materials; Other restricted articles (such as mercury, magnetized materials, offensive or irritating materials); Foul smelling items or produce; Any animal or pets.
- Passenger shall not carry cargo other than personal effects.
- This ticket is not transferable and only valid for trip, date and time as stated on the ticket only. Refund shall not be paid for expired unused tickets.
- Carrier reserves the right to impose any charges deemed fit for any changes made to confirmed tickets.
- Passenger shall not carry illegal drugs, other prohibited items or materials.
Terms And Conditions Of Carriage
- Passengers booked and paid on-line with itinerary print-outs need to check in at the ferry Terminal 30 minutes for boarding. Failure to do so would result in cancellation of the booked ticket/s and no refund shall be entertained.
- Langkawi Ferry Line Ventures Sdn Bhd cannot be held responsible for any tickets that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed and no refunds will be made or replacement tickets be issued in respect of these.
- The time(s) of departure and/or arrival shown on itinerary print-outs, ticket, the timetable or elsewhere is not guaranteed. The said times and the service to which the itinerary, ticket and/or these Terms and Conditions may be delayed, cancelled or rescheduled at any time and from time to time without prior notice.
- Passenger must ensure that all luggage, belongings or otherwise which are brought on board the ferry or vessel shall be free from defects and are safe, duly secured and suitable for carriage. Passenger shall not bring on board any animal, foul smelling article, prohibited drugs/substance, firearm, any explosive/combustible matter, or any item which in the opinion of the Ferry Owner and/or Operator are harmful, offensive, unlawful or inappropriate for carriage on board the ferry or vessel.
- The Ferry Owner and/or Operator, including their respective employees, officers and representatives shall not (whether in contract, tort, negligence, criminal liability or otherwise) be liable for any injury, loss, damage, cost, expense or otherwise suffered or which may be suffered by the Passenger, directly or indirectly and howsoever arising, at The Terminal, on board any ferry or vessel, or in relation to the service to which this ticket and/or these Terms and Conditions relate. The foregoing includes but not limited to personal injury (fatal or non-fatal), loss/damage to any property or article of or under the care of the Passenger, legal or other consultants' costs of the Passenger, consequential losses, etc.In addition to but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Passenger hereby irrevocably (i) renounces for himself, his estate/personal representatives and his dependents, all responsibilities, claims and compensations of whatever description against the Ferry Owner and/or Operator, including their respective employees, officers and representatives; and (ii) indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Ferry Owner and/or Operator, including their respective employees, officers and representatives, against any loss, damage, cost, expense, penalty or otherwise which may be suffered by any of them in the event any action, claim, demand, investigation, proceeding or otherwise is commenced by whomsoever against any of them for whatsoever reason.
- A reference to "Ferry Owner and/or Operator" in these Terms and Conditions shall refer to the Ferry Owner and/or Operator named on the reverse side of this ticket, and if no such name appears, shall refer to the Ferry Owner and/or Operator for the time being who provides the services to which this ticket and/or these Terms and Conditions relate.
- No failure by Langkawi Ferryline Venture to enforce or rely upon any of these terms and conditions shall be constructed as a waiver or shall affect our right to enforce any other terms and conditions.
- If any of these conditions shall become or be declared invalid or unenforceable by any tribunal or court of competent jurisdiction, then such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining conditions all of which shall remain in full force and affect.
- Our employees and agents have no authority to waive or vary any of these conditions.
- The contract shall be governed by Malaysia law and any dispute thereunder shall be determined in the Court of Malaysia.
© Copyright 2013 Langkawi Ferry Line Ventures Sdn Bhd, reserve the right to change without prior notice, please check the latest information posted in Langkawiferryline.com.
Cuti Cuti Langkawi Ticket Amend / Refund Policy
Passengers are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following conditions. The organizer shall be known as “The Company” in the conditions below.
- Ferry Schedules are not guaranteed and do not form part of the contract. They are subject to change at the insistence of the Aviation or Government Authorities for the passenger’s safety, security and other reasons. Neither The Company nor the Carrier concern will accept liability for reasons of flight cancellations, delays or diversions that is not within its control.
- The Company act only as agent. E-Tickets issued subject to those terms and conditions under which the Ferry Carrier have provided.
- No refunds or claim for compensation will be entertained due to deportation or refusal of entry of Passenger by Immigration Authorities for possession of unlawful items or holding improper travel documents or any other causes which are considered as subversive by the local and foreign government concerned.
- Please refer to Ferry fare rules and restrictions for your tickets. Non-refundable tickets cannot be returned for refund.
- All passengers are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and visas and travel requirements of countries to be flown from, into or through which you transit.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes / refund due to technical errors and price variations which beyond our control.
- All tickets purchased on The Company are issued as Electronic Ticket Receipt (E-Ticket).
- Purchase of ferry tickets is for own use and consumption, any resell activity with/without commercial purpose is prohibited. The company will not liable for any financial loses resulting for such activities.
- The company will not liable for any damage of goods, personal belongings, property of passenger resulting the use the ferry service.
- Passengers need to check in to the ferry Terminal 60 minutes for boarding.
Ticket Amendment / Cancellation
- Once booking is confirmed, any change of ticket is subject to the applicable terms. In addition, a processing fee 50% of ticket fare will be imposed by The Company.
- Inside of twenty-four (24) hours prior to the scheduled ferry departure time, no changes are allowed.
- Inside of Forty-eight (48) hours prior to the scheduled ferry departure time, no cancellation is allowed.
- The change is not confirmed until we issue you a new Itinerary and/or booking number.
- Changes on route(s) are not allowed.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Change of the passenger name assign to ticket also consider as ticket amendment.
- We are not support to turn the ticket to open ticket.
Publish at 14 December 2020.